The Phantom TollboothBook - 2011 | Fiftieth anniversary edition.
Now we have a remarkable 50th anniversary edition to honor this universally adored and deeply influential novel. This special edition will include:
* Gorgeous packaging that features the classic original art stamped and debossed on the case with a transparent acetate jacket.
* Brief essays from esteemed authors, educators, and artists, including Philip Pullman, Suzanne Collins, Jeanne Birdsall, Mo Willems, and several others.
* Photos of the author and illustrator at the time of writing and today on the two-color endpapers.
* The 35th anniversary essay by Maurice Sendak.
* The complete text of the book.
A perfect gift for longstanding fans and lucky new readers, the 50th anniversary edition of The Phantom Tollbooth is a book to cherish.
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
violet_butterfly_6383 thinks this title is suitable for 10 years and over
QuotesAdd a Quote
“Besides," explained the second, “one word is as good as another— so why not use them all?”
“Then you don't have to chose which one is right.” advised the third.
"Step right up, step right up - fancy , best-quality words right here '', announced one man in a booming voice. "Step right up - ah, what can I do for you, little boy? How about a nice bagful of pronouns - or maybe you'd like our special assortment of names?"
"I AM KAKOFONOUS A. DISCHORD, DOCTOR OF DISSONANCE", roared the man, and, as he spoke, several small explosions and a grinding crash were heard.
"...many places you would like to see are just off the map and many things you want to know are just out of sight or a little beyond reach. But someday you'll reach them all, for what you learn today, for no reason at all, will help you discover all the wonderful secrets of tomorrow."
"But there is so much to learn," he said, with a thoughtful frown.
"Yes, that's true," admitted Rhyme; "but it's not just learning things that's important, It's learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things at all that matters."
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.