Business Communication in A WeekBook - 2016 | Revised updated edition.
C ommunication at work just got easier
We live in an age when the number of ways in which we communicate in business is constantly increasing. Years ago, we simply had face-to-face communication, phone and letter. Now we also have more, including email, websites, blogs... and yet, if we are honest, alongside this increase in the ways
in which we communicate has come a decrease in the level of effective communication.
This book is full of positive guidelines to help you communicate more effectively. You may not be able to change the way your company or organization works, but you can change the way in which you work.
Whether you choose to read it in a week or in a single sitting, Business Communication In A Week is your fastest route to success:
- Sunday: Know your aims. Who are you writing to/for? What is your message? What response do you want those you are communicating with to make?
- Monday: Listen carefully as colleagues explain the challenges they are facing. When you listen, you show you value your colleagues as individuals.
- Tuesday: Write clearly. Think creatively about what you want to express, organize your thoughts and then draft and edit your email or report.
- Wednesday: Organize better meetings. The key to a successful meeting lies in its preparation, especially why you are holding it, who needs to be present and what you will consider.
- Thursday: Give successful presentations. Prepare well, knowing your audience and your key messages, backed up if necessary by useful visual aids.
- Friday: Build strong working relationships. Good working relationships are the glue that holds an organization together. How can you cultivate stronger working relationships?
- Saturday: Engage effectively online by building - and maintaining - an accessible website and networking by means of social media.