1-2-3 Magic Teen
Communicate, Connect, and Guide your Teen to AdulthoodBook - 2016 | Fourth edition.
Help your teens grow into the very best versions of themselves!
From rule-breaking and risk-taking to defensive communication and disrespect, parenting a teenager can feel like modern warfare--but it doesn't have to be that way. In 1-2-3 Magic Teen , internationally renowned parenting expert Thomas W. Phelan explains how to better understand your teenager, which problems are not worth fighting over, and why your child's behavior likely matches the definition of a normal adolescent! With helpful, straightforward advice backed up by research and parent-tested strategies, 1-2-3 Magic Teen will help you establish a calmer, more respectful home and family life and show you how to guide your teenager into healthy, functional young adulthood.
* Learn the Language: Communicate with open and engaging language, and listen to your teenager the right way.
* Establish Expectations: Learn how to set limits while still encouraging independent decision-making and helping your child develop their emotional intelligence.
* Stay in Touch: Allow your teen to open up to you in more meaningful and inclusive ways through four simple connection building strategies.'
* Take Care of Yourself: Take time to maintain your own emotional well-being to avoid allowing your own anxieties and stresses to influence your children
You'll also find tools and advice tailored for the challenges of a teen lifestyle, including:
* Forgetting to do chores
* Absence in family outings
* Drop in grades
* Missed curfews
* Parties and drinking
* Work responsibilities
The author of the million-copy parenting bestseller 1-2-3 Magic applies his time-tested, trusted advice in this straightforward, encouraging guide that walks parents through the ups and downs of teen life, allowing them to help their kids gain confidence and push toward independence.